Monday, May 2, 2011

Tuna Melt Pita Pizza

This recipe is my own creation. I'm starting to spend way to much money on groceries making all of these recipes so now I'm only going to make things that I have on hand . This is a super simple and really good recipe for a quick lunch.



1 Chicken of the Sea Tuna Cup (if you don't already have these handy tuna cups then use 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp of any kind of tuna you like)

1 Whole Wheat Pita

1 Tbsp light or fat free mayo (I used light mayo...to reduce fat and calories of my recipe use fat free mayo)

1/4 cup diced onions (yellow)

1/4 cup diced tomatoes OR 1 large slice of Tomato

1 thin slice FRESH Mozzarella Cheese (this is optional and where most of the fat came from. I had a little bit of Fresh Mozzarella left over from a salad I made so I used it. I would recommend putting it on your pita pizza. One slice is not  bad for you and gives the dish a lot of flavor.

1/4 cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Spray Pita on both sides with Olive Oil or Cooking Spray and Bake in toaster oven @ 350 until golden brown. If you don't have a toaster oven, a regular oven is fine, but the toaster oven makes things so much easier!

In a bowl mix tuna, onion, and mayonnaise. Then spread mixture over baked Pita Bread.

Sprinkle diced tomato over tuna mixture.

Put your thin slice of FRESH Mozzarella Cheese in the center of the "pizza". Then evenly distribute/sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese.

Put back in toaster oven (or regular over) until cheese has melted.

And that's it folks. A very filling lunch with 420 calories and 15 grams of fat :-)

1 comment:

  1. i more enjoyed In a journey to produce a better pizza base, I started adding natural protein to the dough. In time, and with trial and error, I established a final recipe that was agreeable to the standards I had set for myself and Okanagan Pizza.Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete