Monday, May 30, 2011

Creamy Chicken With Bacon And Penne

When I saw this recipe, I wasn't sure if it would be great, but it was a hit! My boyfriend and I loved it and it has been added to the "make again" pile of recipes I have tried. The original recipe serves 4 people and calls for 4 small chicken breasts. I didn't have chicken breasts on hand, but did have chicken cutlets. I thought these worked much better because it was easy to wrap the bacon around them. You can play around a lot with this dish, add in more veggies, more or less bacon, different cuts of chicken, types of pasta etc. Regardless, it was very good and super easy to make!


4 slices precooked bacon (use more if desired)
4 small boneless chicken breast halves (or chicken equivalent of chicken cutlets)
1/2 cup Philadelphia Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
3/4 cup fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (I just diced a tomato I had in the fridge)
2 green onions, chopped (I used yellow)

Note: If using chicken cutlets, they cook much quicker than a breast.

Directions:

Heat a large, non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.

Cook pasta as directed on package.

Meanwhile, cook cream cheese and broth in skillet until cream cheese is melted and sauce is thickened and well blended, stirring constantly with wire whisk.

Stir in tomatoes and onions. Cook 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Microwave bacon and wrap around chicken breasts/cutlets.

Drain pasta and return to pan. Add sauce; mix lightly.  Serve with topped chicken and pour any remaining sauce on top :-)

Nutrition:
420 calories, 15 grams fat, 35 grams Carbohydrates, 35 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment