Monday, May 9, 2011

Teriyaki Beef With Noodles (Cooking For 2)

The original recipe I found on http://www.eatbetteramerica.com... but I did not have all the ingredients to make the Orange Beef Teriayki Beef with Noodles...so I omitted the orange part and made a few altercations and still made a really good Sunday night dinner. If you want the recipe I attempted to follow, bust go to the website and search for "Orange Beef Teriyaki". I served my dish with homemade egg rolls (recipe is on blog) and it was perfect!


 Prep/Cook time: 25 minutes

1 beef boneless sirloin (thin) cut into strips
1 cup beef broth
2 Tbs Teryaki stir fry sauce (I actually did not have any of this so I used Honey Teryaki Marinade that I had in the pantry instead. I'm sure either would work fine).
1/2 bag Frozen Vegetables (your choice) or 1 box of frozen sugar snap peas (that's what the original recipe called for). I used half a bag of frozen broccoli.
2 cups uncooked Egg Noodles
A dash of Cayenne pepper

Directions:

You will need a good sized skillet for this...all ingredients get cooked in it :-)

Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook beef in skillet, until no longer pink. Remove beef from skillet; keep warm.

Add broth, stir fry sauce, and cayenne to skillet. Heat to boiling. Stir in frozen vegetables of your choice and uncooked noodles.; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook about 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Stir in beef. Cook uncovered for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.

Note: If you want to serve with egg rolls...prepare the egg rolls before you start the main dish and then put them in the oven to bake while everything else is cooking.

Nutritional Information (per serving....2 servings): 380 calories, 10 grams fat, 36 grams Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment