Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Garlic and Herb Tilapia and Shrimp with Broccli Cheddar Pasta

This is not a recipe..just a suggestion for a healthy, balanced meal. Bi-lo was having buy one get one free the other week on frozen shrimp and Tilapia so I stocked up. Instead of finding a recipe for lunch, I decided to start cleaning out my freezer. And I was craving some pasta. Packaged pasta can be very high in calories so if you want to have a serving of it for your meal...then you will need to pair it with something very low in calories...like fish and shrimp! To create a meal like this just cook your fish/shrimp according to the package. If you have some marinade (like I did - Garlic and Herb) throw some of it on the cooked fish and put it in the grill pan for a minute or two. That's what I did with the Tilapia and I just dipped the shrimp in the marinade. The Broccoli Cheddar Pasta was one of those dry mixes you find in the rice aisle. I had a very filling lunch for 410 calories and 4 grams of fat! If your grocery store has frozen fish fillets...I highly recommend stocking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment