Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Italian Pizza Patties

OMG...I'm so tired. It's midnight and my boyfriend and I JUST had dinner. Since my lunch today (Grilled Chicken Hawaiian Sliders) was a little time consuming, I wanted to do something easy and quick for dinner. We had frozen lean ground beef in the freezer so I decided on hamburgers...but not just a plain old hamburger...an Italian Style Pizza Burger.

Italian Pizza Burger with Steamed Veggies  

Makes 2 Servings:

1/4 cup pizza sauce
1 egg, beaten or egg substitute
1/4 dry bread crumbs (Italian Style if you have them - I did!)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 cup low fat Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients, except for the cheese, and form into patties.

Grill on grill pan or outdoor grill until cooked.

Melt cheese on top of burger.

Serve on a bun or eat alone if you are watching your carbs. Pick whatever side you want to go with it..tonight it was steamed veggies.

Nutritional content will vary, but as long as you use lean ground beef and low fat cheese...this quick burger is low fat and low in calories. Whew...time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment