Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Honey and Mustard Marinated Pork Chops

I found this simple marinade online and it was so good. You can let the pork chops marinate for an hour or overnight (I chose overnight). I used lean, thin, pork chops. This marinade would probably be good on chicken as well. Sorry, but I don't have a photo of this recipe :-(

The ingredients yielded enough for me to marinate 8 pork chops. I made extra for my boyfriend to take to work.

1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
4 tbsp mustard (your favorite)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tsp dried basil
4 Tbsp honey

Place pork chops in bowl or glass baking dish with marinade and place in refrigerator for 1 hour or as long as overnight.

Heat a large grill pan or frying pan and cook pork chops for about 4-5 minutes on each side, turning only once.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks so tasty.jerk marinate recipes do not actually tenderize the meat. But, the acid in the marinade will chemically alter the muscle fibers, giving it that effect.

    ReplyDelete