Monday, May 9, 2011

Honey Nut-Peach Smoothie

Don't forget to drink your cereal??? OMG...this is one of the best smoothies I have had in a long time. I spent some time as a teenager working at Smoothie King and consider myself to be a bit of a smoothie connoisseur. I highly recommend this twist on a Peach Smoothie. No, I did not take this photo...I got it off of the website where I got the recipe. I just poured mine into a regular old cup and enjoyed the heck out of it. But if you were serving this and cared about how the drink looked...here is an idea of how to garnish it.


1 Fat Free Peach Yogurt (I used Yoplait 99% fat free creamy harvest peach)
1/3 cup Honey Nut Cheerios (if you don't have them on hand and don't want to buy a whole box...see if your store carries the individual cereal bowls. That's what I did..it was 99 cents versus buying a whole box that I would never eat).
5 sliced peaches in juice/syrup. (I guess you could use frozen peach slices too, but if you do, you might want to add some Splenda/sugar).
1/2 cup skim milk
1 banana sliced
4 ice cubes
***OPTIONAL
1/4 cup fat free dry milk (secret trick from Smoothie King...makes your smoothie creamier)
Cinnamon (I put in a couple dashes)

Blend everything together...and you will have an amazing summer smoothie!

1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g); Protein 6Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Skim Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.















  



No comments:

Post a Comment