Saturday, May 7, 2011

3 Course Meal: Tomato-Goat Cheese Bruschetta, Chicken Parmesan, Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes

Last night I cooked my first three course meal...an appetizer, dinner, and dessert. I wanted to try out my new found culinary skills on my dad, so I invited him over to my place for (what a hoped) a great meal. Not everything on the menu was healthy. The Tomato-Goat Cheese Bruschetta was not healthy...but if you only have one or two then you won't do much damage. The chicken Parmesan was healthy! There are so many versions to healthy chicken parm...and this one is by far the BEST! And dessert was "healthified" chocolate mini cheesecakes. You can serve this meal and not feel bad about eating it. Just watch your portions. If cooking for others, you can easily make your chicken Parmesan even more healthy by cutting back on the cheese and not serving it over pasta. I found all of the recipes on the Internet and followed them step by step. Instead of copying and pasting everything...I will provide a link to the recipe under each photo. Nutritional content is listed with each recipe. If you are having a dinner party, or wanting to cook a special meal...this is a PERFECT idea!

Tomato-Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Tomato-Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Note: I did not use the olives this recipe calls for because I hate olives. When toasting the baguette slices...spray it with olive oil. Oh, and you don't have to get the specific brand of diced tomatoes listed. I also added some Italian season and oregano.

Cornflake Chicken Parmesan (TO DIE FOR!!!)
Chicken Parmesan
I used HUGE chicken breasts for my dish. I think the recipe calls for breast tenderloins...you can do it either way. If you don't want to serve it with pasta, I recommend going with the larger chicken breast.

"Healthified" Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Chocolate Cheesecake
I love desserts that are already portioned out for you. It makes it so much easier to watch what you eat. I could've eaten the whole plate of these cheesecakes!






No comments:

Post a Comment