Monday, May 2, 2011

Tiramisu

I have not tasted this yet as it is currently in the fridge. I don't have to taste it to know just how good it will be. If for some reason it comes out horribly, I will remove the post. I took some photos of the Tiramisu just before I put it in the fridge. It has to refrigerate for 4 hours before served. I can't wait to have it for dessert!!!



Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Instant Coffee
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Cup boiling Water
2 Packages Lady Fingers, split, divided
2 Packages (8oz each) Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups thawed Lite Cool Whip
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Ground Cinnamon

Directions:

Boil 1 cup water and disolve 1 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp coffee.

Arrage landy fingers on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch dish and brush with 1/2 coffee. 

Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer until creamy. NOTE: I do not have a mixer so I used my hands to "mix" the cream cheese.

Add in 1/2 cup sugar and mix well. ( I used my hands for this until the cream cheese got to a "stirable" consistancy and then I used a baking spatula to continue mixing. If I had a mixer it would've been a lot less messy!

Whish in cool whip.

Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers in dish and then cover the top with more lady fingers.

Brush on the new layer of lady fingers with the remaining coffee and cover with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.

Sprinkle cocoa powder and cinnamon on top. Refrigerate for 4 hours and then serve.

As long as you only have 1 serving (it makes 12)...then you can enjoy this yummy dessert for only 150 calories and 3 grams of fat! Good luck on only having one serving...I know I will need it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment