Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chocolate Cherry Carnation Instant Breakfast Smoothie

I am not a breakfast person. I either don't want to cook in the morning, don't have time, or I'm not hungry. I'm usually not hungry. Most days I just drink a Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials (the no sugar added one) mixed with skim milk. A lot of people need food in their tummy in the morning before they take certain medications...so have some toast with it. Everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day...so it's important to eat something...or in my case DRINK something that has your daily essential vitamins to stat your day off right.


Before I go any further, I should tell everyone that I once worked at Smoothie King...many years ago. I know the "secrets" to making smoothies that are exceptional. The two secrets are...use DRY MILK and PURE CANE SUGAR (the brown kind). Use those in ANY smoothie recipe and it will taste a million times better. For 1 serving use 1 tbs of the Pure Cane Sugar and about 1/3 cup of dry milk. I'm not really sure about the dry milk, because I just pour it straight from the box...I've never measured it. Back to my recipe...

Ingredients:

1 packet Rich Milk Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials (no sugar added kind)
4-5 ice cubes
1 cup frozen sweet black cherries
1 tbs pure cane sugar
1/3 cup dry milk
1/3 cup 2% milk (or the milk or your choosing)

Directions:
 
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend. Easy enough.

Note: If your smoothie is too think and isn't "smoothie like" add just a little bit of water and continue blending. Add water until the consistincey you desire.

Nutrition:

253 calories/ 1 gram fat and tons of vitamins!!!

* Not everyone has frozen dark sweet cherries in their freezer...you can pick any fruit that would go well with chocolate...banana (use a whole one), strawberries...be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment