Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Southern Fried Pork Chops

I made up my mind when I was a little girl that I did not like pork (except bacon)...that was until today when I made Southern Fried Pork Chops. Actually, my boyfriend made the pork chops, but it was my idea. This recipe is great for kids who are picky eaters or adults because it tastes JUST LIKE CHICKEN and is so simple to make.


Ingredients

1 4oz Boneless Pork Loin Chop
1 box Southern Style Pork Bake (bread crumbs seasoned "southern style"

Directions: The directions for the pork bake I used were on the back of the box - House Autry Southern Baked Pork Bake.

Preheat oven to 425.
Defrost pork chops if necessary.
Pour contents of box (coating) into a plastic bag. (depending on how many chops you want to coat...only use half of the contents of box).
Line a baking sheet with foil and spread a generous amount of pork bake on bottom. (Keeps the bottom of the meat crispy)
Moisten meat with water.
Shake meat in bag until coated.
Place meat on baking sheet.
Bake until cooked...between 15-20 min. (My boyfriend cooked 3 chops for 20 min and they were a little dry)

I dipped my pork in honey mustard and it tasted just like chicken tenders, My boyfriend brushed his chop with Dijon mustard BEFORE he coated it. There are lot of ways you can tweak this recipe to your liking. Pork chop served with microwavable cheesy broccoli and rice (Green Giant). Pick any side you want...that's just a quick fix we had in the freezer.

Nutritional Info:

1 4oz southern fried pork job: 6g fat, 180 calories, 2g saturated fat, 160mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 23g protein, 7g carbs

Cheesy Rice and Broccoli (Green Giant) - info is for HALF of the serving size: 2.5g fat, 0.8g saturated fat, 135 calories, 2.5mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 25.5 carbs

Total for meal: 8.5g fat and 315 calories.

Very good, healthy, and low fat/calorie dinner. Now that I realize pork isn't so bad...I plan on finding more pork recipes. Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment