Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Veggie Crunch Wraps

I went grocery shopping at publix and all the vegetables that were already diced for you were on sale (2 for $4). That made making this recipe a snap because I didn't have to chop any of the vegetables. I had this for lunch over 2 hours ago and I still feel STUFFED. I'm not even sure if I'm going to be hungry for the dinner I'm supposed to cook tonight (recipe to be posted after I have approved it)! When I made this wrap, clearly my eyes were  bigger than my stomach and the flatbread to wrap the veggies in. You might not want to make your wrap as full as mine. If you do...break out the napkins because it's going to be messy. I didn't think a veggie wrap would be so filling, so I paired it with a cup of vegetable soup. I was so full after eating the wrap I could only have a few spoonfuls of soup. This would be a great meal for 2...each person gets one half of the wrap and a cup of soup.

  
Ingredients:

1 Flatbread Wrap

1 cup packed cole slaw mix

Diced Veggies of your choice and as much of them as you want and think can fit in the wrap. My wrap has diced tomatoes, yellow onions, celery, and red onion.

Low Fat/Fat Free Ranch dressing (or the flavor of your choice). The amount of dressing used will varies on individual taste and dietary needs. I think I used just under 1/4 of a cup of ranch dressing. 

1/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese

1/2 Zucchini cut into strips

Directions:

Place the cole slaw, and all of your diced veggies into a bowl.

Add the ranch dressing and stir to mix well. Then set aside.

Cut Zucchini strips.

Sprinkle cheese on flatbread and toast/bake in toaster oven or regular oven until cheese melts. (only takes a few minutes, so be careful not to let it burn).

Take out cooked flatbread. Spread with the ranch vegetable mixture and put zucchini strips on top.

Roll of the flatbread (if you can...lol) then cut in half and serve with soup. 

Nutrition:

Since I barely touched my soup, I did not figure in the nutritional info for it. Everyone's wrap will be different so be mindful of serving sizes of salad dressings and the type of flatbread/tortilla you use. I have this great app on my phone where I can scan the barcodes of  food items (or I can do a manual search) and it logs the nutritional content of EVERYTHING I eat.I even scan and factor in the 15 calories that are in my gummy multi-vitamins. The app is called MyFitnessPal...if you have access to it then get it..and it's FREE! I scanned all my food and the wrap I had for lunch contained 340 calories and 10 grams of fat.  











No comments:

Post a Comment