Saturday, April 30, 2011

Italian Pizza Bake served with Fresh Tomato Mozzarella Salad

This is a great Friday night dinner...it doesn't take long to prepare and you can spend time with your family, boyfriend/girlfriend, get ready to go out, etc while it is baking. I chose to serve the pizza with a wonderful Tomato Mozzarella Salad. Growing up this salad was a staple in my home. The salad is optional and the pizza can be served with whatever side you want. I'm not going to explain how to make the salad...if you look at the photo it is pretty self explanatory. The dressing on it is low fat balsamic vinaigrette. I used just 1 tablespoon.

1/3cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
2tablespoons fat-free egg product or 1 egg white
1tablespoon water
1/8teaspoon garlic powder (Surprisingly I did not have garlic powder so I used 1 tbs of minced garlic instead)
1/4 cup diced red pepper (I used diced green, red, and yellow pepper that were already packaged)
1/4cup chopped onion
1/2cup cut-up cooked chicken breast (TIME SAVER: I used frozen cooked and already diced chicken)
1/2cup diced tomatoes
1/4teaspoon Italian seasoning (I didn't use this because I did not have it)
1/4cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (Since my boyfriend was eating this as well and he LOVES cheese...I added an additional 1/4 cup Italian cheese)

The whole meal...my boyfriend is so cut..he helps me "pose" my food so it looks appealing.

Italian Pizza Bake (1 serving)

Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Salad


Directions:

Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8x4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix, egg product, water and garlic powder; spread in pan. NOTE: I followed the directions and did not feel like there was enough mixture for the crust, so I made a second batch and added it to the pan. Maybe I was using the wrong size pan???



In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bell pepper and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; cook until hot. Spoon over batter. Sprinkle with cheese. NOTE: I added oregano since I did not have Italian seasoning.

Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until golden brown; loosen from sides.

Nutrition if you use the original recipe (without the extra cheese and crust mixture):

1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 390mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g); Protein 18g
Nutrition with my modifications (pizza bake only):
9.2g Fat and 278 calories

Nutrition info for Tomato Mozzarella Salad:
10g Fat and 165 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment