Monday, June 11, 2012

Super Easy 33 Calorie Coleslaw

I love coleslaw...especially in the summer...but coleslaw can be extremely fattening. Not anymore! This recipe is low fat, so simple to make, and tastes just like the real deal, if not better! It is the perfect side dish to almost anything and great to munch on as a snack as it is very filling. It took me less than 5 minutes to prepare the coleslaw. It needs to chill for 2-3 hours so be sure to make it in advance! And guess what...one serving is under 1 gram of fat and only 33 calories!

Ingredients: 5 servings (1.5 cup = 1 serving)

1 package of shredded cabbage/carrots (coleslaw mix)
3 tbsp low fat mayo
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp sweet mustard (I used Dijon mustard because I had it in the fridge and it turned out great)
2 packets Splenda (I used Splenda Blend Sugar since I already had it. I just sprinkled some in until it tasted right...I'm not sure of the exact amount I used, but it wasn't much.
Salt - a few dashes
Lemon Juice - a few drops

FYI - my coleslaw looked exactly like the image below (minus the fancy serving bowl).


Steps:

In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar, sweet mustard, salt and Splenda. Add two cups of the coleslaw (or cabbage/carrots), and toss thoroughly. Keep adding small amounts of the coleslaw to the mix, making sure to toss thoroughly, until everything is mixed together. Sprinkle some lemon juice over the coleslaw and give it another few stirs. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours and then serve.

HOW EASY IS THAT? If you are a coleslaw lover, you will love me for this recipe!

Nutritional Information: 1.5 cup = 1 serving

  • Servings Per Recipe: 5
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 33.0
  • Total Fat: 0.6 g
  • Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
  • Sodium: 226.3 mg
  • Total Carbs: 7.4 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
  • Protein: 1.0 g

No comments:

Post a Comment