Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chicken Ramen Stir Fry

The other night my fiance and I wanted a quick, low budget, healthy home cooked meal. I have a pantry full of Ramen Noodles so I did a quick Internet search to find a Ramen Noodle recipe - what can be more budget friendly than Ramen Noodles??? The Chicken Ramen Stir Fry took less than 20 minutes to make and under $10 for all ingredients (most of which you probably already have - or at least half of them). I am not a fan of beef, but sirloin steak could easily be substituted for chicken. In fact, the original recipe used steak. I know I usually post home photos of the recipes, but it's so time consuming, so I will probably just post the pretty recipe photo that someone else already took. I will include my own version of the recipe (as I tweaked it a bit). My fiance and I were both so pleased with this recipe, we actually fought over the left overs the next day!


Prep time is about 15 minutes. Cook time about 20. The recipe said it would yield 4 servings...we got 3 servings out of it. One of the variations I made to the recipe was adding an second packet of Ramen Noodles, which called for more water, stir fry sauce, and soy sauce. If you don't want more noodles, add more veggies, chicken or add some Jasmine rice (I did not feel like there was enough substance based off of the original ingredients). Next time I make this, I will add  a second bag of frozen stir fry veggies and a little more chicken as that will give me more than 4 servings.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon canola oil
1 lb chicken, cut into thin strips (or steak)
3 cups water
2 packages (3 oz) Oriental-flavor Ramen Noodles
1 package (16 oz) fresh stir-fry vegetables
4 tablespoons stir-fry sauce
3 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce 
 

Steps: 

In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.

In same skillet, heat water to boiling. Break Ramen Noodles into water; stir until slightly softened. Stir in vegetables. Heat to boiling. Boil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Stir in contents of seasoning packet from Ramen Noodles, stir-fry sauce, soy sauce and chicken. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly heated.

And that's it! You have made a meal out of Ramen Noodles...and a good one at that. Not only does this meal taste fantastic, it is healthy and clean up is a breeze. You only use one pan!  


Nutritional Information: This information is based off of the original recipe, which used steak instead of chicken and only one packet of Ramen Noodles - so it may not be 100% accurate, but it's in the ball part.


1 serving = 290 calories, 8 grams of fat, 32 grams of protein, and 21 grams of carbohydrates.


1 comment:

  1. I like this recipe! Thanks for sharing this because this is my favorite. I wish I can cook it on my own.

    Best Stir Fry Recipe

    ReplyDelete