Thursday, June 28, 2012

Raspberry Sauce

I don't have much to say about this recipe, as I haven't made it yet. I'm posting it because I want to drizzle it on top of the Crunch French Toast Sticks. There were so many raspberry sauce recipes to pick from, I looked for one that used frozen raspberries and did not involve any type of straining. I wanted the quickest/easiest recipe I could find. Feel free to do an internet search if you want one with more ingredients, etc...it may turn out better??? I love raspberries and that's the main ingredient so I'm pretty sure this sauce will turn out just fine :-)

Ingredients: Yields about 1-1.5 cups

1 10oz package of frozen raspberries (thawed)
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 Tbs cornstarch

Directions:

 Drain thawed raspberries, reserving sauce. 
 In a small saucepan, stir reserved syrup (1/2 to 2/3 cup), raspberry jam and cornstarch. 
 Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and clears. 
 Cool. Stir in raspberries. 
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment