Thursday, May 5, 2011

Santa Fe Foldover (with Pork)

I have seen this recipe on almost every healthy food website and have been DYING to try it. I was not impressed. Apparently this recipe won some contest for best recipe using Bisquick Healthy Heart Biscuit Mix??? Since I was cooking for my boyfriend and myself I had to add meat (for him). I chose pork..it was a lean, almost fat free, and cut into cubes. The problem with this recipe was that it was really bland. There is A LOT of potential for it to be good. With the right spices this dish could be great. My boyfriend, on the other hand, did not hate this recipe. Probably because he got to melt more cheese over his portion. I'm posting this recipe because I made it and ate it and it was edible. I strongly recommend adding some type of meat and spices to give it some flavor. If you do that, then it could potentially be very good. Let me know if you try this and what you did to make it better. I'm just copying and pasting the ingredients and directions. I followed them exactly - the part about folding the dough was confusing, so I'm not even sure if I made the recipe correctly lol. At least it looks pretty in the pictures.






Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:45 min
makes:3 servings
1cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
2tablespoons cornmeal
1/4cup very hot water
1cup canned no-salt-added black beans, drained, rinsed
1/3cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
2tablespoons sliced green onions (2 medium)
1/4cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (1 oz) - I used 2% cheddar cheese
1/2cup shredded lettuce
1/3cup chopped tomato
3tablespoons fat-free sour cream
1.Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
2.In small bowl, stir Bisquick® mix, cornmeal and very hot water until soft dough forms. Place on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix, gently rolling to coat. Shape into ball; knead about 5 times or until smooth. Roll dough into 10-inch circle; fold into fourths. Unfold on pizza pan. In small bowl, stir together beans and salsa; spread over dough to within 2 inches of edge. Sprinkle with onions. Fold edge over. Sprinkle cheese over beans.

3.Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients.






GOOD LUCK!!!!








    














No comments:

Post a Comment