Monday, May 23, 2011

Easy Mahi Mahi Recipe

My favorite fish is Mahi Mahi. My boyfriend woke up at 4am the other morning to go catch fresh dolphin with his coworkers, so I was very excited to find a quick and simple marinade that I could use for the fish, as I served a very flavorful mango salsa on top of the fish. The recipe for the mango salsa is on this blog.


1 1/2 lb Mahi Mahi
2 Tbsp butter (divided)
1 glove garlic or minced garlic (I used minced. 1 Tbsp of WET minced garlic = 1 glove)
1 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce (I used Honey Teriyaki Marinade)
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Honey

Directions:

Over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter in a skillet.

Add garlic and saute until tender. (Using minced garlic makes this step much quicker)

Stir in teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, and honey. 

When the marinade is all mixed together, pour it into a big Ziploc bag (along with the fish).

Let the fish marinate in the sauce for about 30 minutes. Next, heat the other tbsp of butter in a skillet and cook the fish over medium heat in a skillet.

Serve the Mahi Mahi with fresh mango salsa and you will have a great summer dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment