Monday, May 9, 2011

Salmon BLT

I am always looking for quick, simple, and yummy recipes. I have a magazine/cookbook called "Cooking Light: 5 Ingredient 15 minute recipes". The Salmon BLT came from this cookbook, but, as usual, I changed it around to accommodate what I already had on hand.

This was my lunch today. I just got done eating it about an hour ago and it was fabulous. It's great for lunch or dinner. If having for dinner, you might want to add a side dish. The BLT was a very filling lunch.


3 slices precooked bacon
1 salmon fillet (about 4oz) - I used a frozen fillet.
1/2 Tbs light mayonnaise
1 6 inch Sub Roll  (I cut mine into 3/4 to make it  bit smaller)
Lettuce (any kind - I used Spinach)
Tomato (diced or sliced)
1 slice Provolone Cheese (optional - I added this ingredient because I love cheese!)

Directions:

Helpful Tip: Keep disposable broil pans on hand. They are cheap and come in handy!

Preheat Broiler.

Microwave bacon according to package and set aside.
 
Place Salmon on broiling pan coated with cooking spray and broil 10-15 minutes (or until fish is cooked. When the fish is done, take it out and put it aside.

If using Provolone Cheese (or any cheese of your choice) place it on the bottom of the sub roll and toast in the oven until roll is slightly brown and cheese is melted or gooey.

Time to assemble your Salmon BLT...place lettuce on bottom of sub, then tomato, Salmon, bacon, spread mayo on top of toasted sub and eat.

I think the Provolone cheese had 8 grams of fat in it. I could afford it because I did not eat breakfast this morning...OOPS! Without the cheese this BLT would be a lot less fattening.

Nutritional Content for 1 Salmon BLT: 19 grams fat/404 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment