Monday, June 6, 2011

Cheddar Ranch Burgers

If I didn't live with my boyfriend, I would probably never make any recipes with beef in them. But since I cook for both of us, I have to have red meat on the menu at least once a week. Surprisingly, I have found that I actually do like red meet - especially ground beef. I am constantly on the search for new burger recipes, so if you have any suggestions, please post!


Make 4 Burgers:

4 rolls/hamburger buns
1 lb lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
1 packet ranch seasoning
1/4 cub and 2 Tbsp Crushed Saltine Crackers
2 Tbsp substitute egg product (do not use egg whites)
1/2 small red onion (diced)
4 slices 2% American Cheese (optional)
4 slices tomato
Low Fat/Fat Free Ranch Dressing (for burger topping)
-- To spice things up, add in some chopped jalapenos.

Directions:
Add ground beef, ranch seasoning, crushed crackers, egg product, and onion into a large bowl. Mix all ingredients together and form 4 patties.

Cook patties on a grill or grill pan. If desired, melt cheese on burger right before it is done cooking.

I don't like my rolls toasted, but if you do, toast your hamburger rolls.

Assemble your burger and enjoy!

Note: I either spend my time cooking the main dish or a side dish. For quick and simple side dishes I buy the cheap low fat frozen dinners. I microwave them right as the main meal is almost done and then divide it between my boyfriend and myself. It's perfect if cooking for two. I served the burger with a frozen dinner macaroni and cheese bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment